Acer n311 & USB charging

lomlfoml

Neuer Benutzer
Hello.
First, I apologize if writing in English is against forum rules. I can not find an English language forum for Acer handhelds. I am in the USA, and Acer does not even sell the handheld here.

I have an N311. It will not charge when I connect it to my computer with USB. The N311 is in the cradle.

Strangely, it looks like it is charging. The icon is the power plug, and the Power Status says "Charging". The green light flashes.

But it is definitely NOT charging. The battery % decreases.

It charges correctly using the A/C adapter.

I have ordered an automobile charger and will try that when it arrives. I have also ordered a direct USB/plug cable, which is supposed to be for charging, and will try that too.

I used to have an HP IPAQ HX4700 and the Power options included an option to enable 'USB CHARGING". The Acer does not have this option.

I wrote Acer UK, and they say it does not charge using USB. They have not replied to the mystery of the lights and icons and "Charging" status.

Comments? Thoughts?

Thank you very much.

pappie

alter Hase
sometimes there is a problem with charging on a notebook. they have not the power at the usb-ports as a home-pc. so i think the solution is charging with the ac/dc-adapter!

but it also could be a problem with the cradle. lets see what the automobile-charger and the usb-cable will change...

mfg pappie

lomlfoml

Neuer Benutzer
Hello.
I received all the equipment, and it all works some of the time. The cradle works sometimes, the car charger works sometimes, the USB Chargers work sometimes.

I can not identify an effect from Activesync running or not running.

The attachment plug seems loose, so I am extra careful to push the charger in firmly.

The only common factor is the N311 itself. That is a real problem, because Acer in the UK is very un-cooperative about responding to email from customers who currently live in the USA.

Oh well.

Oben