[Gelöst/Solved] [ENG] Question about 5220 and T7250

ultramaximum

Neuer Benutzer
Hello
First, sorry for writing in english, but I'm spanish and I don't know nothing about deutsch :)

I've a question about extensa 5220 and a T7250.

I'm searching for a second-hand processor for replacing my celeron. I found this one:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7250
Speed: 2GHz
Cache: 2MB
Bus: 800Mhz
SPEC: SLA49
Power: 35 W
Socket: PPGA478
Voltage: 1.075-1.175 V

Is this compatible with my 5220, may I'll setup a new fan or change something in the bios?

Thanks for your help!

bastel

Neuer Benutzer
AW: [ENG] Question about 5220 and T7250

just be careful when disassembling. The foam on the chipset needs to go back there since there is an awful big gap between the heatsink an the die. Best is to disassemble the notebook after a night's rest, so it is cool.

In case you tear the "foam" or just don't trust it to reapply seamlessly, you can simply treat it as putty that you can work with your fingers (in latex gloves) into a flat ball. Then put on the die carefully, shaping it rectangulary. Since there is more of the "foam" than needs to be, even if you have a convex/bulb like shape, it will spread out and fill any gaps. It's possible to check that if you have a very small flashlight and you (try to) look through the pcmcia slot, so trust me, I know that it works.

The cpu just needs the normal little piece of thermal grease added and then the pressure of the heatsink should spread everything nicely (or you spread it beforehand)

ultramaximum

Neuer Benutzer

Ok, thank you bastel
I never disassembled the notebook, but I've Acer Service Guide.
What about the foam? Reading at the guide I see:
-Heatsink
-CPU
But nothing about the foam... to disassemble CPU it says:
Removing the CPU
1. See “Removing the Battery Pack” on page 60..
2. See “Removing the Lower Cover” on page 62..
3. See “Removing the Heatsink Fan Module” on page 70.
4. See “Removing the CPU and VGA Heatsink Module” on page 71.
5. Using a flat screwdriver, turn the CPU socket latch counter-clockwise to release the CPU, then remove
the CPU.

I miss the foam...

bastel

Neuer Benutzer

Ah the foam is simply the thermal compound used between chipset die and heatsink, while the cpu uses a normal thermal grease between its die and heatsink. You will see the gray thingi when you take it apart (which is easy, 2 screws for the fan and 4+1 for the heatsink (they even got numbers in which order to screw in))

fechafecha

Neuer Benutzer
AW: [Gelöst/Solved] [ENG] Question about 5220 and T7250

I just thought I should mention here that a Core 2 duo T5800, which is recognized e.g. by Everest as a T7250 Core 2 duo, does work as well in Acer Extensa 5220. Deutsch: zur Vollständigkeit bezüglich Core 2 duo T725 im Extensa 5220: der T5800 (Sockel P) funktioniert auch im Extensa 5220. T5800 wird ja z.B. in Everest als T5800 / T7250 erkannt.

Oben